1. To learn the fundamentals, ergonomics, trade-offs, and maturity of Apache Kafka as:
|A Message Broker|
|A Streaming Compute Platform|
|A Distributed Database|
2. To operate streaming compute with a local Kafka cluster, understanding scale and local state.
3. To solve the mystery of the Number Stations by streaming compute over +1M messages.
4. To gain confidence in all aspects of working with Kafka, practical and theoretical.
5. To leverage the workshop materials when sharing your knowledge in the future.
A morning covering fundamentals and theory, an afternoon putting it to practice!
|09:00||Introduction and Fundamentals|
|11:00||Kafka as a Message Broker|
|13:30||Kafka for Streaming Compute|
|15:30||Kafka as a Distributed Database|
Time permitting, we have a hands-on extension session on Vendor Tools (KSQL, Kafka Connect)
Open source, available under the MIT license:
|AK3W: Presentation Materials|
|AK3W: CLI Tools|
|AK3W: Number Stations Project|
|AK3W: KSQL and Kafka Connect|
|Min. 6, Max. 12 attendees per workshop|
|Sessions run from 08:30 to 17:30|
|Available in Australia & New Zealand|
|AU$1,195 per attendee, excluding GST.|
|Enquire: [email protected]|